Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A trick, not a treat

Well, today's post isn't a recipe for a special treat. This is more of a kitchen tip.  I am horrible when boiling noodles.  My pot boils over every. single. time.  So, when I saw this tip on Pinterest.com. I decided to give it a try, and guess what?  It works!

Now of course, to get my water boiling, I always put a lid on the top to make the process faster. But, once I put my noodles in, it seems to boil over really quickly.  Until now.

My wooden spoon is missing a chunk but I still love it.
Simply place a wooden spoon over the pot and it won't boil over!  It gets close, heart-stoppingly close, but it doesn't boil over!  I did have a few bubbles go over the side, but all in all, it was a success!

Did you also know that a watched pot never boils?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment