Monday, November 7, 2011

Porcupine Meatballs

How many of your recipes are hand-me-downs?  This is one of my favorite recipes that was given to me by my grandma. I think of her every time I make them.  My kids aren't super excited when I tell them we're having porcupine meatballs, but it's growing on them.  :)
Porcupine Meatballs

1 pound gr. beef
1 cup rice
dash of salt and pepper

Mix all together and form balls.  Set each ball down in a large pan...I use my large electric skillet.   (I'm guessing you could also bake these bad boys in the oven, but I've never tried it)  Next, peel enough potatoes for your family, cut into halves or quarters, I like to keep them big.  Set the potatoes down in with the meatballs.

Mix together:
1 normal size can tomato soup with 1 can water.  Pour over the top of potatoes and meatballs.  Cook at around 300 degrees until done.  You will need to stir them occasionally to make sure the rice gets nice and done.  I usually let them cook about an hour, they get crispy yummy!

For venison users, I mixed 1 pound gr. beef and 1 pound gr. venison and it worked great! 

Do you have a favorite meatball recipe?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds delicious, I think my mom makes these with a long grain wild rice.

    ReplyDelete