Monday, January 23, 2012

Homemade Potpourri - EASY!

I'm not the first to come up with this idea, but my house smells so yummy, so I just had to share!  I had peeled some oranges for lunch and was about to throw away the peels, but then I thought, "I don't want to waste them!"  So, I grabbed half, threw them in my small saucepan and added the following:

About 1 cup water
2 Cinnamon sticks
several allspice balls




And bodda-bing, bodda boom!  I have my very own potpourri made from things I had on hand already.  I set it on the stove top and kept the heat low.  It only took a few moments for it to smell wonderful! The only problem is that it smells like something yummy is baking.  lol  Later on I will be baking Greg's birthday cake, so it will smell yummy again!  (A side note: you may need to add more water, depending on how long you want to heat your potpourri.)

Have you ever made your own potpourri and what did you use?

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of making potpourri. Never tried it though. I should since we have two orange trees, but the oranges aren't sweet enough to eat. They smell nice though! Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete